Stuck inside the old tower

cognatus

Question

I finished the cultist quest line peacefully and the wizard told me to take the stairs up into town. But for some reason, the door is still locked (maybe I was supposed to have been given a key?). In any case, I'm stuck behind that door in the curriery.

4 answers to this question

which way did you get in? in the main section of the curriery you can find a key in a vat which is only visible in scouting mode, you need that key to open the door to the room with the stairs down. i went in that way as I can't get across the chasm to find the other enemies with keys etc coming in from the statue ruins.

also, check through your inventory and try adding any keys to your player character's individual inventory and use them to try open the door, see if that works? sometimes it seems your character has to be the one to do things like that.

Edited by philby

which way did you get in? in the main section of the curriery you can find a key in a vat which is only visible in scouting mode

Well, that's clever! (I love how this beta is written, there are so many different ways to accomplish the same things!) I got in through the statue out in the wilderness, I had my fighter push it and we went down the stairs and through the cultist enclave, killing everyone, going past the blood ritual room, and finally talking to the wizard.

I think I ran into the "disappearing inventory" bug, he probably gave me a key, and somehow it disappeared due to the bug. I've tried using all 6 characters to open the door, I think there's nothing to be done but go back down and out the way I came in.

you might have to load an earlier save game from the main menu, or start again with a new character! I couldn't find my way into the ritual room on my first go through but I managed to eventually get all the way through that quest eventually. I agree with the multiple options, it's pretty cool :)

• Like 1

I picked a fight with the wizard and quick saved as soon as the combat started.  My party wipped and so I exit the game and reloaded.  When I loaded back in I was free to move around the room without agro.  So I moved the group into the room and positioned them around the NPCs.  Then I had to talk to the wizard again to start the fight.  Not sure if it is a bug but it sure did make the fight alot easier.  So I am sure it could be considered an exploit.

• Like 1