Routine crashes after fighting beetles in Dyrford Crossing

struckmannk

Question

There's a group of three beetles waiting on the path a short distance from where you enter Dyrford Crossing from the village. After fighting those beetles, the game routinely crashes for me. Once, it was while my priest was casting a stamina regeneration spell; once, when I was looting the corpses; once, it crashed right as the last beetle died; and a fourth time, I don't think I was doing anything specific -- just walking away.

The only other beetle I fought (the one just south of where you land on the path) didn't cause any problems. I haven't been in other combat yet, so I can't say if it's a problem with any other enemies.

The four logs are attached.

beetle_crash_files.zip

2 answers to this question

To follow up:

I cleared the rest of the area, navigating around that group of three beetles. None of the other enemies crashed my game. I approached the beetles from the other side (right side of the screen), and the game did not crash after combat that time.

If a screenshot would help clarify which beetles are the problem, I can get one -- I have a save I can load. Please let me know if there's other info you need or if you want me to try doing a specific thing in-game to get you more data.

Love the game so far!

Update:

Rookie mistake #1: I forgot to mention that my main character is a chanter.

I saw another thread discussing bugs associated with Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr -- I've removed all instances of it from my prepared chants, and I haven't had any problems with crashing at the end of combat since. I suspect that that was the problem.