A few first impressions from the beta

Opposite to an other post here, I actually find the game too much like BG. Not long ago I played the enhanced BG and while fun, I could really feel that time had not treated it as nice as we would wish. Playing this beta, I feel a little the same, great graphics, but too much stuck in the past. (and I know a lot of you want it that way).

Now, I am not trying to say, to make another Dragon Age, I am simply saying that there are improvements in gamings since BG. Take some of the new adventure games that are being made, they have a lot of improvements compared to classics like ZakMcKraken, but a good game improves on the engine to enhance the game experience.

So down to the nitty gritty.

- I would like to have a possibility to show a small automap in top right or left (when I open the map screen I also get flimmer)

- Selection of assets seems strange, often you try to select something and you are off the "selection area" 

- Would wish for some easier way to be able to see what is interactive (similar to Divinity: Original Sin - there are other things that are done very well there)

- The game world, even though nice graphic, seems to be to extremely static to me. Both the background and things to interact with

- I do like the open and close door icon as well as the zoom icon, this is what I mean with improvement, but as its very new I still didnt get used to it

- Waling with the group, it seems that its "random" or closest person which interact with what you select, preferably we should be able to interact with the person of choice (to match skillset)

- It seems difficult to set the group in a good formation outside the preset formation boxes

- Fights seems to be very cluttered, and difficult to gain tactical advance with having people at right position

- Difficult to know what is going on and manage well during fights( you know you want to have fun )

- The interface for fighting seems to be a bit strange, and the way you access skills and weapons seems also to cluttered and not intuitive

- Information boxes take too much time to pop up when you select something

- I do like that you can see what skills you use, or what skills you dont have when doing conversations

- character creation, I found it nice to be so straightforward, with all cut down to the chase and not much clutter. Also I like that you do not do the dice roll, but actually populate the skills yourself. Some of the skillsets and differences between the various options does not always make sense, but this is also because its a new world, and we do not always understand it at first (this is also something to consider in the build up of the game, that you let it grow on the player)

Ok, that was my complaining part. When that is all said, I am sure the game will be great. There are a lot of nice touches in the beta already and it smells well done almost all the way home.