Encounters aren't always ending correctly

bob54386

Question

[Description of the issue]

Player Character does not regain consciousness once aggro'd monsters are defeated

Party characters do not reset their per encounter abilities upon combat exit

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1) Generate a character.  Have produced this with a godlike Barb + Fighter, Human Ranger, Human Druid.  Godlike monk seems unaffected.

2) Use the free levelups offered from zoning into town

3) Wander into Stormwall Gorge and get PC knocked unconcious by a lion

4) Kill Lion with other party members, PC stays unconcious after combat ends.  Any stamina lost doesn't regenerate.

5) Save + Load game to force unconcious members to stand back up.  This also causes stamina to regenerate.  Per encounter powers do not reset however.

6) Keep playing through trying not to die, noticing that per encounter powers do not reset even on rest.  Getting 

[Expected behaviour]

Unconscious characters prevent the game from progressing -- expect to have characters regain consciousness once nothing is aggro'd on me.

Per internet literature, 'per encounter' powers should be reset everytime you exit combat (no more monsters on screen, let alone attacking you)

[Other remarks / Comments]

Have done this both with lions and with the beetles in the west + east maps.  Does not appear limited to the specific map encounter.  May be limited to first encounter in the game.  Seems easy enough to reproduce, can test further if needed.

[Files]

N/A

[special]

N/A

2 answers to this question

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1) Generate a character.  Have produced this with a godlike Barb + Fighter, Human Ranger, Human Druid.  Godlike monk seems unaffected.

[Files]

N/A

[special]

N/A

After further testing, was unable to consistently produce a character that was unaffected.  Monks stayed unconscious after combat end as well.

After deleting my saves, I am unable to reproduce this easily.

I suspect this is somehow tied into the general savegame issues.  

The first time it showed up was on my third character after the first couple characters had died.