Does anyone know if any of npc characters will fight each other? I thought it was kinda cool how in Bg1/Bg2 the npc's would argue and even try kill one another if poorly matched.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It'd be kinda cool if you could actually decide to step in and stop it (or, try to, I should say), or just let one of them kill the other. If that were possible, I mean. Not "any squabble between two party members results in a death unless you stop it, with your omnipotence." 8P

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think it has been stated that there won't be conflicts between NPCs that's severe enough that one of them leaves.

Though I think NPCs can leave if you make decisions that goes against what they believe in.

I liked the NPC conflicts in the BG-series but I think we have too few NPCs in PoE to have this feature implemented.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

It'd be kinda cool if you could actually decide to step in and stop it (or, try to, I should say), or just let one of them kill the other. If that were possible, I mean. Not "any squabble between two party members results in a death unless you stop it, with your omnipotence." 8P

Maybe whether or not you can stop the fight would be based on CHA or whatever the CHA is called in poe.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I think it has been stated that there won't be conflicts between NPCs that's severe enough that one of them leaves.

Though I think NPCs can leave if you make decisions that goes against what they believe in.

I liked the NPC conflicts in the BG-series but I think we have too few NPCs in PoE to have this feature implemented.

Really? Too bad. :(

I'm still excited for poe though.

Maybe whether or not you can stop the fight would be based on CHA or whatever the CHA is called in poe.

The closest thing, methinks, is Resolve. And yeah, that, along with other factors. It'd be good for stats to play a role, but not be binary "you stop the fight and everything's dandy/you fail to stop the fight and all hell breaks loose" checks.

Based on what they've said about their dialogue system, though, it seems that stat/skill checks tend to supply you with a greater range of tools, rather than just gating magic solutions to things. In other words, the check is to see if you're able to try significantly more, potentially-useful things than to just see if you succeed or fail.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think there are only like 8 companions. If they start killing each other there were not be anyone left to go adventure with you! xd. I am fine with conflicts, you can even say that the most interesting situations / dialogues come from some kind of conflict but let's add this feature in PoE 2 where they hopefully increase the number of companions. 

I think there are only like 8 companions. If they start killing each other there were not be anyone left to go adventure with you! xd. I am fine with conflicts, you can even say that the most interesting situations / dialogues come from some kind of conflict but let's add this feature in PoE 2 where they hopefully increase the number of companions. 

A recent Angry Joe interview implies there may be more than 8 companions. If so, npc conflicts become more viable.

A recent Angry Joe interview implies there may be more than 8 companions. If so, npc conflicts become more viable.

You can draw that assumption, yes, but we don't have any confirmation yet. It's just speculation.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox