Thumbstick Pads

Keyrock

I have a 360 controller (an aftermarket one) I use for my PC.  The rubber pad on the left thumbstick wore through (the right one will likely wear through eventually too), so I'm down to plastic.  I need a replacement pad for the thumbstick and am wondering if any people have experience with them and can make some recommendations.  I don't care about some performance gimmick the only thing that concerns me is comfort.  I have pretty sensitive skin and blister up faster than most people.  With bare plastic you can imagine that doesn't treat my thumb very well after a while.  I'm looking for something nice and comfortable that can let me play for a while without abusing my thumb.  Maybe something made of gel or nice soft rubber.  If it's cheap enough then I'm not too worried about durability as I can just buy another one in the future.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, mate. I hate thumb-pads. But I'm surprised no-one else has chipped in.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks for the thread bump, Walsy.  No longer necessary, but nevertheless appreciated.

I wound up getting GeltabZ and they worked like a charm.  Nice and soft and they have little nubs on them so your thumb doesn't slip off.  They were cheap too (the shipping was more than the cost of the item) and it came with 7 pads, 6 regular size and a smaller one.  If you're putting them over the existing rubber pads (like I did for the right thumbstick, just for consistency and aesthetic purposes, then they fit perfectly and stay put as if they were glued on (I didn't use any glue).  If you're putting them (regular sized pad) on directly on the plastic (like I did on the left thumbstick), then they slide around, still function, but feel weird because they're on there loosely.  So I has an idea, I put the smaller pad on first, then put a regular sized pad over it (double pad madness!) and it worked perfectly (stays nice and put like the other thumbstick).  Now I have a controller that's super comfortable to use.  :biggrin:

Here's a picture of the product and my now comfy controller:

UVAanDK.jpg

You can't see the little nubs on the pads because I took the picture with my crappy phone camera, and also because I'm a terrible photographer, but they're there.  Anyway, maybe this can help someone in the future if they get into the same predicament as I did.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks