A Question for Paradox on physical reward quality

we were gonna make some kinda snarky comment about preoccupation with material crap that don't in anyway improve the game

Nonsense... Someone doesn't see enough reason to pledge $100 instead of $50. You offer material crap if they pledge $100. Person's preoccupation with said crap leads to their $100 pledge instead of $50. The game has just been improved in greater-than-zero ways, indirectly, via material crap. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I've clearly overpaid for what I'm getting. But, then again, such is also the case when I donate to my local PBS/NPR station and essentially spend hundreds of dollars for what is essentially a cheap, plastic radio. Still, it's for a "good cause" and the dollars (minus the actual cost of the "reward") go to the station to do with with whatever the heck they use it for -probably cheap booze and napkins.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well, you're not really paying for the goods you're receiving, as much as you are being enticed by goodies/incentives to pledge more money. :)

It's kind of like getting a return on your investment, in the form of goods.

"Let us borrow $100, and we'll pay out soundtrack and t-shirt dividends." :)

I guess the base game is sort of like your initial investment, since that's what you're getting back in lieu of your initial money. So, that's kinda like paying for it (almost like a pre-order, but with more risk involved).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well, you're not really paying for the goods you're receiving, as much as you are being enticed by goodies/incentives to pledge more money. :)It's kind of like getting a return on your investment, in the form of goods."Let us borrow $100, and we'll pay out soundtrack and t-shirt dividends." :)I guess the base game is sort of like your initial investment, since that's what you're getting back in lieu of your initial money. So, that's kinda like paying for it (almost like a pre-order, but with more risk involved).

That doesn't necessarily contradict what I stated. :)

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm aware. My apologies. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I was simply commenting on the technicality of what it is you're actually paying for. The price you pay isn't really the "cost" of the rewards, since the entire purpose of your pledge money (and the basis for the structuring of the pledge tiers) is to raise money.

It's just a technicality of the representation of the payment, is all.