Short version: I liked it

I just finished it yesterday. I liked it, even though I'm not a huge South Park fan:

• Far and away the best voiceacting in any computer game I've ever played. This is the first computer game where I haven't switched on subtitles and clicked through to skip the dialog. I can't stand listening to bored actors trying to emote in front of a microphone. This was good, every bit as good as the TV series. Why can't they all be this good?
  • This kind of humor is hard to pull off without coming across as mean. This mostly succeeded. It only stumbled a bit with Mr. Slave IMO.
  • South Park catches something about what it's like to be a kid. These stories are pretty much just like what we told each other when we were in fourth grade.
  • Gameplay was good enough to get the job done. Not brilliant but serviceable. Very easy, but if they had made it harder it wouldn't have been any more entertaining IMO; it would just have been more work because I'd have had to play the boss fights by trial and error – on the first try throw everything at them to see what sticks, then die and use what you've discovered the second time around. I don't particularly care for that type of gameplay so I'm pretty cool with easy.
  • On the other hand, I found it a bit too easy to discover two simple strategies – one for group fights, one for boss fights – which steamrollered pretty much everything. From there on out the fights were mostly mechanical application rather than particularly interesting or creative.
  • The length was good. It ended before I got bored, but I didn't feel like I was left wanting more.
  • The quality was good. I only encountered one bug that forced me to roll back to a previous checkpoint, and that was about three minutes of gameplay. Very few smaller bugs as well.
  • I probably won't replay, at least not any time soon. Doesn't feel like there was a whole lot to discover. I might faff about a bit with one or two of the other classes though, just to see what they're like.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I haven't got much time to spare for games nowadays, so I'm still playing (somewhere around level 4). Gameplay is generally "sweet" and "kewl", a lot of eye-candy here and there, very fun and rather easy with a genuine SP style. The funniest thing, though, is that whatever happens and whatever crazy ideas are implemented I can't be mad about them, because this is South Park after all. Crazy things happen there all the time. Cutting long story short: a really good game!

"So screw you guys, I'm goin' home."

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I just finished it yesterday. I liked it, even though I'm not a huge South Park fan:

• Far and away the best voiceacting in any computer game I've ever played. This is the first computer game where I haven't switched on subtitles and clicked through to skip the dialog. I can't stand listening to bored actors trying to emote in front of a microphone. This was good, every bit as good as the TV series. Why can't they all be this good?
  • This kind of humor is hard to pull off without coming across as mean. This mostly succeeded. It only stumbled a bit with Mr. Slave IMO.
  • South Park catches something about what it's like to be a kid. These stories are pretty much just like what we told each other when we were in fourth grade.
  • Gameplay was good enough to get the job done. Not brilliant but serviceable. Very easy, but if they had made it harder it wouldn't have been any more entertaining IMO; it would just have been more work because I'd have had to play the boss fights by trial and error – on the first try throw everything at them to see what sticks, then die and use what you've discovered the second time around. I don't particularly care for that type of gameplay so I'm pretty cool with easy.
  • On the other hand, I found it a bit too easy to discover two simple strategies – one for group fights, one for boss fights – which steamrollered pretty much everything. From there on out the fights were mostly mechanical application rather than particularly interesting or creative.
  • The length was good. It ended before I got bored, but I didn't feel like I was left wanting more.
  • The quality was good. I only encountered one bug that forced me to roll back to a previous checkpoint, and that was about three minutes of gameplay. Very few smaller bugs as well.
  • I probably won't replay, at least not any time soon. Doesn't feel like there was a whole lot to discover. I might faff about a bit with one or two of the other classes though, just to see what they're like.

Curious, which system did you play on?

• 2 weeks later...