[PS3] Stuck on Load Screen

SDR-UK

Question

Hi Obsidian Staff and Community! 

Absolutely amazing game that you have mustered up here with the help of Matt and Trey; captures the comedy of the series in all its glory and is genuinely laugh out loud funny from finish to where I am now. I never thought a licensed game could be this good, especially after all the stigma that they have had as just cash-ins, etc. You guys have gone above and beyond!

Anywho, I've encountered an error in the PlayStation 3 version of South Park: The Stick of Truth. I've been playing for approximately eight hours and I've got to Clyde's tower finally. I'm there to confront Craig Tucker and upon beating him, I'm stuck in an endless loading screen where I cannot do anything (although after one save state I did manage to get the aim markers, presumably because I hadn't opened both Ike's and Stan's windows). I literally am stuck staring at a load screen all of the other times and I've tried making a save point after the battle because at one point Stan prompted me to climb on up and then I just saw the group of boys and Mr. Slave standing there, but I could not interact. I immediately saved after this state but it takes me to an infinite load screen once again. 

So basically, the problem is I'm stuck on the load screen after defeating Craig. 

I am wearing the Swat Helmet, Barbarian Armour and Gloves. I am wielding the Sweet Katana and have the ninja-star like item (name escapes me at the moment) that you can buy from the girls. Something beginning with C. My travelling companion is Cartman and I am a level 14 warrior. I don't really know much else to tell you guys. 

Has anyone else encountered this? I did a Google Search for key phrases but all I got was PC configuration errors and nothing pointing towards this error. 

Please help! As I said, the game is great and I'd hate to lose all of my progress to this game breaking bug. 

Thanks, 

Steven (SDR-UK)

11 answers to this question

Hi team,

I'm loving the game so far. I'm gaving the same issue here, only slightly worse. I defeated Craig and then got stuck in the infinite load loop. Weirdly enough the post-fight cinematic was playing while the load screen was on, and I could still move my character and access the menu. I left the room where you fight Craig and the normal play-screen came back, but when I re-entered the room, I got stuck in a load loop that I could not escape or access the menu from.

I restarted, and now I can't load ANY saves from anywhere. All I get is a perpetual load screen. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Do I need to wait for a patch? It's not frozen, as Terrance and Phillip are animated and the load screen text cycles.

Please help! I need to beat this game.

Hi team,

I'm loving the game so far. I'm gaving the same issue here, only slightly worse. I defeated Craig and then got stuck in the infinite load loop. Weirdly enough the post-fight cinematic was playing while the load screen was on, and I could still move my character and access the menu. I left the room where you fight Craig and the normal play-screen came back, but when I re-entered the room, I got stuck in a load loop that I could not escape or access the menu from.

I restarted, and now I can't load ANY saves from anywhere. All I get is a perpetual load screen. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Do I need to wait for a patch? It's not frozen, as Terrance and Phillip are animated and the load screen text cycles.

Please help! I need to beat this game.

What platform are you playing on?

If you're on PC, you can go to Documents\my games\south park - the stick of truth\ and zip up your save folder. If you post your save folder here or email it to me directly, I can look into this issue for you.

If you're on PS3, PM me for more instructions on getting me a save.

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Hey guys,

I am having the same problem at the exact same point i am using the PS3 and I have tried all off the above solutions and still not getting anywhere, the game wont even load now and id rather not have to start from begining

Hi guys,

I am having a similar problem however I don't have the option of changing any buddies. I'm also at Clyde's tower. I was wearing Valkyrie helmet, Barbarian outfit and Woodsman gloves (If i remember correctly) and had Kenny as my buddy. I had also passed all other side missions. Running the game on a PS3.

My game stopped at the load screen as I was going up the ladder in the first room of the tower. Unfortunately it froze there, and now I can't even do anything as it's a never ending load screen. Even when I restart the game and try to continue where I left off, it just keeps loading.

Can anybody help me? I have come this far in the game and I really don't want to start all over again. It's been a lot of fun but I couldn't sit there replaying the whole game for what essentially would probably be 15 minutes more game time.

I am running into the same issue. Black screen after beating Craig, left the tower, changed buddy to Kyle but once I go back into the area where I just beat Craig and go up the stairway then the black screen shows up with no option to go to a menu or change my buddy. I hear music playing but nothing else and when I hit the PS button on the controller it takes about 5 minutes before those options come up (ie: Quit Game, look at Trophies, etc). I went through the game as fast as I could (a little over 4 hours) so I could just get my last trophy for 100% completion of the game. Any word on the patch?

Hi,

I've encountered the same error only slightly before. I'm before the room where the mutant bacteria resides, cannot save any points after this. Loading a savepoint takes me to the infinite load screen. Tried swapping characters ,didnt help. Playing on a PC. Will reinstalling help? Cannot upload the zip of save folder because file size exceeds 507kB.

P.S

Awesome game.