Xbox wireless controller on Windows 7 lag/unresponsive?

pixelpushr

Question

Anyone experience unresponsive/laggy controls using the Xbox wireless controller on Windows 7? Specifically with the d-pad and face buttons, the analog stick seems to be working fine. I have to hit the buttons 2 to 4 times to get them to work. I've tried a different controller and it had the same problem. Both controllers work perfectly outside of Stick of Truth.

5 answers to this question

Anyone experience unresponsive/laggy controls using the Xbox wireless controller on Windows 7? Specifically with the d-pad and face buttons, the analog stick seems to be working fine. I have to hit the buttons 2 to 4 times to get them to work. I've tried a different controller and it had the same problem. Both controllers work perfectly outside of Stick of Truth.

It works fine for me.Windows 7/64bit

Do you have something else running in the background that may interfere?

Edited by C2B

Nothing else running in the background that I can see. I did have Shadowplay (Nvidia's gameplay recording software) running but I turned it off, still got the same results. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I also tried plugging the xbox wireless controller adapter into a different usb port but that didn't change anything. 

I have my pc hooked up to my tv and  play like 90% of my games with a controller so I was pretty surprised to run into this issue. Really don't want to use a keyboard and mouse on the couch to play this game.

Played 4 hours so far with 360 controller and it has been perfect, not one issue. I also have windwos 7 and 64 bit.

Edited by kozzy

I've played an hour using the wireless Xbox 360 controller on Windows 7 without any issues.

Perhaps make sure you have nothing around you that might be interfering with your signal. For example, if my headphone cord is plugged in and crosses between my Microsoft wireless keyboard and its wireless receiver, I get all kinds of weird input lag and the like.

Just played my first few hours and I'm having the same problems. I sometimes need to press buttons several time until the game registers that something is happening. I'm using a xbox360 wired controller but I also got a wireless connector plugged in. I'm heading to bed now but gonna try to see if it has to do with background processes in the next few days....