Race and gender affecting gameplay

Well... no, the racism of colonialism is still directed outwards at different (and newly discovered, often as not) nations and cultures, as opposed to the modern hate-thy-neighbour form.

That's not to say that there aren't counterexamples to what I'm talking about from that time period and earlier. The 11th century was not a good time for the Ashkenazi.

It's also worth noting that most modern "hate-thy-neighbor" racism isn't possible without colonialism/imperialism creating societies that mixed white Europeans with Africans, Native Americans, and Asians, and that one of the cornerstones of racism is basically the belief that the people against whom prejudice is directed DO in fact constitute a separate society/culture.  I honestly can't think of any modern "hate-thy-neighbor" racism that simultaneously isn't directed against people of a different color AND doesn't originate before the Renaissance.

... except for the specific counterexample that I gave to my own argument?

Edited by Tamerlane
jcod0.png

Well... no, the racism of colonialism is still directed outwards at different (and newly discovered, often as not) nations and cultures, as opposed to the modern hate-thy-neighbour form.

That's not to say that there aren't counterexamples to what I'm talking about from that time period and earlier. The 11th century was not a good time for the Ashkenazi.

It's also worth noting that most modern "hate-thy-neighbor" racism isn't possible without colonialism/imperialism creating societies that mixed white Europeans with Africans, Native Americans, and Asians, and that one of the cornerstones of racism is basically the belief that the people against whom prejudice is directed DO in fact constitute a separate society/culture.  I honestly can't think of any modern "hate-thy-neighbor" racism that simultaneously isn't directed against people of a different color AND doesn't originate before the Renaissance.

... except for the specific counterexample that I gave to my own argument?

Well, the Jews in Europe are kind of an exception to everything because Jewish is an ethnic, cultural, and religious descriptor simultaneously.  I would say that the society of the Ashkenazim, for the most part, existed in parallel/tangent to Latin Christian society without being a part of it.  It's also really unclear as to whether the prejudice of Europeans against the Ashkenazim was racial or religious--personally I think religious prejudice was more the driving factor.

If anything obsidian should make a parody of the Marxist crap they indoctrinating into college students now days. Have like that half dragon chick from icewind dale 2. A big brute evil woman antagonist that constantly brings up for the men she bullies or kills to check their privilege. And even if she killing men and women tell them to check their privilege regardless and HER privelege to commit mindless acts of pure evil. So basically a lunatic feminazi.

I've never met a femnazi, but I have met large amounts of people who whine about them.

It's kind of funny how majorities like to think of themselves as persecuted minorities.

Also, I suggest you go to the hospital, as having your head inside your ass isn't very good for your health.

• Like 3