about the Conversations UI

(don't know if it is the correct forum)

I saw the UI and felt immidiatly to give a comment. Although I like the game screenshot's I have seen yet very much, the Conversation doesn't look very appealing to me.

I have a problem focusing on texts on a screen and there are some points in the UI which would make it harder for me:

1. The wooden background makes reading the text harder.
  2. The text is displayed like a chatlog. I don't think that this is neccessary. Especally there when there is a linebreak, which breaks the text beneath the charecters name. Why not just use the characters name once (in one of the two examples below)

Osmaer

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

or

Osmaer:      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut

labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

(all text lines should start at the same place, it's a little hard to show that in the forum)

• Like 1

The dialogue UI they just showed is exactly the same as the various IE games. Same font, same wooden theme, everything.

Why is it that whenever the Devs reveal something in PE that resembles the IE games (ie. what they friggin promised us they'd do!) we get people here complaining? Just curious.

Me, I saw the convo UI in update #62 yesterday and the flood of Nostalgia immediatly caused me to fire up a new playthrough of IWD. I'm in Kresselack's tomb right now. Man that game does mood and atmosphere well. Probably better than any other game I've ever played. But I'm digressing.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 2