Josh Sawyer recently posted that crafting as a character skill would be dropped because

Because cerain fudamental skills (like Stealth) can clearly benefit from multiple character taking them and contribute to party effectiveness in combat,  I strongly believe choices within a certain array should give the player recently balance benefits.

I think the proposed systems is principally a good idea, because having balanced skills makes all sort of character and party builds desirable. However, while I'm not sure how skills will be handled within the class framework, In newer D&D rules some classes have the defined role of being skill classes (having more skill points) than others. For that reason it seems not to be a negative to have a skill that say may benefit only one character, because it would allow one class to use its advantage of having more skill points. I find having a skilled character class (like the 3.5  Bard, Rogue, or Ranger)  an interesting mechanic and just want to throw out that having some skills that might only benefit a single character in the party not to be a bad idea.

I think the proposed systems is principally a good idea, because having balanced skills makes all sort of character and party builds desirable. However, while I'm not sure how skills will be handled within the class framework, In newer D&D rules some classes have the defined role of being skill classes (having more skill points) than others. For that reason it seems not to be a negative to have a skill that say may benefit only one character, because it would allow one class to use its advantage of having more skill points. I find having a skilled character class (like the 3.5  Bard, Rogue, or Ranger)  an interesting mechanic and just want to throw out that having some skills that might only benefit a single character in the party not to be a bad idea.

There will be no skill classes in Project Eternity. All classes will get the same amount of skill points. Each class will get a bonus to some skills but all classes will get the same number of bonus points to skills. They mentioned that you probably can only max one skill.

for the first part

lot of people still seem to be under the impression that rogues are "skill characters" who are stealthy and find things while other characters stick their thumbs up their collective asses. This is not the case. They gain a starting bonus to Stealth and Mechanics and are the only class to get a bonus in both of those skills, but other classes gain an equal bonus in Stealth or Mechanics and additional skills. No class has any more skill points than any other class and no class has more total skill bonuses than any other class. No class is a "skill class".

for the last part

We haven't published a full list of skills. Characters probably won't have multiple skills maxed, but can have two skills high. A character could have both Stealth and Mechanics high.

• Like 2