Official Polls or Otherwise - Our explicit views on development

One thing i like about the still on-going Numenera kickstarter is how backers are given a finite number of votes on their main site in the community section, some 15 in each category, where we are given the opportunity to submit, discuss and vote on ideas that the developer can consider. It is very open and direct, and really gives both developers and backers a direct line to new perspectives and ideas.

I at least feel it is more orderly than forum topics where interesting ideas are often forgotten in the deluge of other posts, allowing backers to focus their thoughts and opinions on specific topics and developers to more easily collect info from us. Could need a down-vote function though.

Do mods or devs have something similarly streamlined lined up for the future or is it still far off?

I'd like to think that "it's all there" for the devs to read." though there is no doubt that not all of it will get seen. If you've ever been on reddit you can see how easily downvoting is used by those who disagree, rather than by those who think it doesn't contribute to the discussion. It's a forum with a lot of negativity and cynicism, and I don't think that's a very good environment to discuss and post ideas in.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I agree that it would be nice to receive some kind of guidance on what Obsidian is actually looking for valuable input on at a given time, over other things. I mean, they're the devs, not us. They've obviously got some stuff hammered out pretty nicely, and other things they're still debating between some variations.

Maybe we'll have that when the backer site goes live? 8)

I can discuss things for hours on end, and type ludicrously long novels about all facets of a given topic, so I'd love it if the devs gave us some kind of idea as to what particular things would be the most beneficial to discuss and analyze, and what things would be mostly wasted breath (either are redundant because they've already thought all about them, or are moot because they've already implemented that system/feature and aren't going to change it for whatever reason).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u