stoped working

Hej.

I have bought alpha protocol, and installed it, first it is not posible to activate it, then I downloaded the patch, and installed it, now when I try to start the game, I get the messege that there is a problem and it stop working, I have tryed to run it as administrator and in xp mode nothing help.

I have windows 7 32bit, (have aqlso tryed on a pc with windows7 64 bit, the same happens), I think that it is ok that they stop with alpha protocol 2, why by it when 1 even dosent work ?????

svaage67

This should probably be in the tech support forum below, where there might be an answer. I know activation issues are addressed in that forum at length.

One thing is I think the activation was actually patched out, but your installing the patch after you tried to open the file maybe caused an issue. What I'd suggest doing is uninstalling the game entirely, then reinstalling, do not try to activate but go straight to installing the patch, then try opening the game.

I bought the game on Steam, which of course is managed by Steamworks, but if you don't mind that and you otherwise can't get your copy to work, what I'd suggest is waiting for the game to go on sale on Steam and then buy it from them instead. It is often on sale for way cheap, like $5. Of course, I know you'd rather not buy the game twice, but if there is no other way to get it working, that is an option. Good luck, I hope you get it working as it is a really fun game.

I have tried to use the crack from " skidrow", and then the game worked but only the opening chene, then it go back to where i can start a new game or open a saved game, then nothing more happend ! I am sorry if this is the wrong forum to wreit this, I have tried to wreit to SEGA help, but they dont seem to care, I am not going to buy this game again, I could understand if it was a pirated game I have, but this is a legal game, I think that it is time that sega waks op, and make the game right !!!!