Playing up the psychic paranoia

The one power that has always freaked me out was people who could read and manipulate minds. I mean, knowing someone could invade your mind and find your most personal, deepest, darkest, embarrassing, secrets is the worst type of personal invasion. On top of that, the person can manipulate your mind on a memory and emotional level, changing your memories, wiping your memories, or creating totally new ones. A character like this could make you believe you always loved them and make you hate the people you loved, or they can make you forget your life and create false memories. That is why characters like charles xavier and jean grey always freak me out and I could never work with them. I would always suspect (usually justifiably in the comics) they were reading my mind, or manipulating my emotions, or something else. I think if characters like that is in the game, I would think they would be feared, hated, possibly even more than wizards. Possible causing hatred and witchhunts for those who show the ability. Some would hide their ability, some would see it as a curse and try not to use it, others see it as a gift, and others would obviously abuse it. It would be good to play it up in the game.

that is what the Cipher class is: Psychics and outsiders who are mistrusted because of their powers.

so it's a very real possibility we'll see elements of this in game; possibly on both sides of the law, or "good/evil".

I think it'd be nice to have maybe a cipher constable who is a hardass while trying to solve crimes...or possibly an evil mastermind who manipulates those in power to acquire his goals. The sky is the limit with this stuff really, which is why it was one of my most desired stretch goals.

The idea of having Ciphers trying to integrate with society would be pretty chaotic, considering all of the crazy possibilities for manipulation and deception. Imagine having a politician or a lawyer being a Cipher.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

I think it might be interesting to see how the writers play around with the way magic/psychic abillities/"real" gods realate to one another - where their practitioners/followers believe there power comes from, how they view the world and how they relate to one another.