Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GMing Traveller or other Sci-Fi

adventure creation advice traveller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheDogProfessor

TheDogProfessor

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hey guys! I've been DMing 3.5 Edition D&D, Eberron Campaign Setting, for the last couple of years. I have recently acquired the Traveller (Mongoose Edition) Rulebook, but am having trouble coming up with many adventures for it. Does anyone have any adventure creation advice?

JayDGee

JayDGee

Juggernaut of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Steam:JayDGee
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
depends entirely on what sort of game you want? do you want the players to have an adventure? do you want them to struggle? do you want them to be afraid of the unknown?

what do you want the players to get out of the game? I could give a few quick ideas but I don't want to give a horror scenario if you want an adventure game ;)

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Start small and detailed, make the quests personal and make sure your players see the effects their actions generate. Keep a few index cards around with little mini adventures upon them, for when your players go off the beaten track. Think of numerous organic plot hooks that serve to lead them back on to the main path of your adventure, so they don't feel they're being led by the nose. Space and its inherent dangers is a great way of limiting a players scope, once they step onto your space station/derelict space hulk or whatever you can guide them with very little effort.

Don't be afraid of cahanging your adventure if they do something clever or dumb that you hadn't expected, with a small very detailed enviroment you'll find it much easier to roll with the punches and portray interesting and believable consequences.
  • JayDGee likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adventure, creation, advice, traveller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users