Pledge increase after Kickstarter ends

Hi everyone

To be honest, this topic is rather a question to ObsiGuys, but can turn into a discussion. The question and a proposal is:

Will we be able to increase our pledge (and the items we get for it) when Kickstarter ends?

The idea came up from my current situation: I'd really, REALLY love to buy the boxed (or even collector's) edition of PE, but, unfortunately, in this month I don;t have enough money to pledge >80$ (including international shipping costs). So it would be great if I can (maybe for more money than on the kickstarter?) increase my pledge at a later time and upgrade my "version" to boxed one.

What do You think about it?

Edited by Tenebrael

Many people have asked this and Obsidian's answer is that they're thinking of how to do this. You definitely can't pledge more via Kickstarter after it ends -- that's out of Obsidian's hands. However, you will probably be able to pledge more via Paypal for a short amount of time (like how Wasteland 2 is doing it).

• Like 1

Many people have asked this and Obsidian's answer is that they're thinking of how to do this. You definitely can't pledge more via Kickstarter after it ends -- that's out of Obsidian's hands. However, you will probably be able to pledge more via Paypal for a short amount of time (like how Wasteland 2 is doing it).

Well, maybe I was not clear in what I've said. I don't mean to have a possibility to increase my pledge via Kickstarter after it end, I know it is not possible. I mean increasing my pledge outside of Kickstarter, some time later when I have enough money.

In my opinion it would be a win-win situation. Players, who can't afford paying more at the moment, would have the oportunity to raise the funds and change their tier at a later time. And Obsidian... well, they'll get extra money :)

I've been asking for an answer to this since I realized that I wouldn't have enough money for the tier I wanted by tomorrow. I doubt anything will be announced until after the kickstarter closes as the news might affect pledges. All the same, it would be great to know if I should pull out from kickstarter and put that money into paypal before kickstarter charges me, so who knows, maybe the last update will tell us about their post kickstarter fundraising plans. Either way, I'm sure we'll get some kind of second chance to buy some of the things we might have missed this go around.