Baldur's Gate enhanced edition

Dezloc

Ipad version is now up to the most recent release. Yay.

I am interested if there are differences compared to the PC version during gameplay, so keep us updated.

Such as? There's some (obvious) differences in controls due to a lack of mouse, but apart from that the two versions are pretty much identical and can actually play multiplayer together.

I haven't been playing much, due to the ipad having been 2 versions behind in codebase, but it's been tons of fun so far. Haven't been home in over a month, so have minimal time on the windows version (my only windows rig is at home).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ipad version is now up to the most recent release. Yay.

I am interested if there are differences compared to the PC version during gameplay, so keep us updated.

Such as? There's some (obvious) differences in controls due to a lack of mouse, but apart from that the two versions are pretty much identical and can actually play multiplayer together.

I haven't been playing much, due to the ipad having been 2 versions behind in codebase, but it's been tons of fun so far. Haven't been home in over a month, so have minimal time on the windows version (my only windows rig is at home).

I guess I also mean general stability on the Ipad, but it sounds likes its fine?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No issues on a ipad3 even in original release. It's supposed to be better now. I think the lowest spec ipad (not sure if it was 1 or 2) comes with a warning to "save and reboot often" due to limited memory at the moment, but they're currently reworking file access to make the game more tablet friendly and less dependent on RAM.

have they fixed mod support for the ipad in any way?

I don't think so, they still haven't released on 2 platforms so their priorities have been bugfixing and getting Mac OS and Android out. There's still a ton of stuff they've promised to implement, matchmaking, cross-platform cloud saves etc. So there's (hopefully) a lot of stuff coming on that side.

Oh, and they've updated the opening movie with the quote they'd removed. :p