Coins in Project Eternity

Coins in Project Eternity  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should coins in Expert mode weigh down your party?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Should coins of more than one metal be used in trade?

• Yes, gold and silver coins (bimetallism).
    • Yes, gold, silver, and copper/bronze coins.
    • Yes, four or more types of coins.
    • No.
  3. 3. Should there be different currencies issued by different nations/trade groups?

• Yes, but just two or thre.
    • Yes, at least four.
    • No.

I don't remember the game I played a long time ago, but it did not use money at all. It used a barter system. You had to collect widgets in that region and combine other things to trade. Each new region used a different mechanic appropriate for that area. They turned resources and money into a mini game. So you never hoarded money, everything served a purpose, the items you collected were used to progress you through the story, such as it may be collecting parts to rebuild a boat in one region, and parts to fix a rocket in another region. I don't recall there being any merchants, you just found items like potions and better items. Also FWIW they didn't count towards your weight. I honestly don't recall, but I'm pretty sure they didn't hinder your inventory either. I'm not a fan of encumbrance, or any mechanic that slows me down. I am a big fan of recipe's and combining objects into new ones. I really liked how Rogue Galaxy did their inventory in that way.