Question about the "Design an NPC" option on Kickstarter

I'm wondering how extensive this option is. Does it mean you can name the NPC and give them a race, appearance and gameplay stats, or can you also create a personality outline, maybe a history etc.

BTW:

Not surprised to see a few familiar names here ;)

Edited by Ieldra

You may be in the same boat as I am, trying to get answers regarding custom items... There's really only 75 of us who have (or eventually will) donate at that monetary level, so I'm not sure there will be a lot of general discussion. But it's a huge commitment and I'd like to know some specifics about what my input will be.

I had considered the NPC option, but chose the item instead. I was afraid I'd get assigned an NPC sweeping the floor in the back room of some tavern and he'd mumble something about bread for the 5 players who ever went in there during their game. I'd have to name him Ruprecht the Irrelevant or something. The thought really depressed me.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1

I'mma laugh if when the game's released we see NPCs like Bill Gates and Mitt Romney in game.

Gee wonder who the top donors were...

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This is just a short update of some information gathered on Kickstarter.

@Obsidian : Will NPCs from the $1000 tier only be use to "populate" the world or will they have quest(s) like companions ?

@Archon The NPCs we have people design will be fairly prominent and have quests (if appropriate).

@Obsidain Entertainment Do we get info about the quest prior designing the NPC or are we allowed to give a rough estimation of a quest.

@Raedwulf We will work with people to figure out the NPC - work on the quest will be more high level, since we need to keep everything fitting within the story.

@Raedwulf For our $1000+ backers we are setting up an obsidian e-mail that will just be for you to ask questions. We will also be setting up a forum for you as well, for the purpose of talking about how the design will work. Sorry I don't have all the answers just yet.
  • Like 1