Need some help with a Car

Calax

Boy, this new "New topic" post box is different...

Anywho, I'm currently in Iowa and am looking to buy an ancient toyota 4runner that's currently in Nevada (basically I'd fly home, visit my parents, then drive the sucker back here) because my tiny little acura doesn't have the power or clearance to deal with the ice and snow. Also I need something that can carry more than two people, as all the people I know have tiny little sports cars.

My question is, can anyone give me advice relating to how I'd do the registration and title? I know I'd have to re-reg it in my name, but I don't want to register it in California (higher taxes, higher insurance) before moving it out here.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I could have sworn I told you to get something with clearance, like a Jeep Cherokee, when you talked abut getting a car back in the day. So I'm not going to help you :closed:

Actually I have no idea. With registration, I believe you can simply register it in Iowa no matter where you buy it, it is all based on the address you use. That would be my guess, insurance should be the same thing.

I could have sworn I told you to get something with clearance, like a Jeep Cherokee, when you talked abut getting a car back in the day. So I'm not going to help you :closed:

Actually I have no idea. With registration, I believe you can simply register it in Iowa no matter where you buy it, it is all based on the address you use. That would be my guess, insurance should be the same thing.

I originally had another car picked out, but the sellers screwed up and sent the title in to get it changed over, instead of just giving it to us, so we had to back out. I ended up having about 2 weeks to buy the car I currently have, and sell the old Camry. So now I'm trying to get a 91 4Runner for winters and use the acura for long trips/summer (40 mpg vs 20 is srs busness)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.