[Merged] Voice Acting- Suggestion

The biggest issue with voice acting is getting a voice that 'everyone' loves. If you pick the wrong voice you can ruin the game for countless number of people. There have been several games that did this one of them being Beyond Divinity, the Dark Knights voice completely ruined the game for me.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

No voice acting, except for very specific cases perhaps. The last thing I want, is my character's family and friends call him You all the time.

Unless we have a completely fixed character, like The Nameless One or Mike Throton for example, which this game isn't going to have. Not to mention, it will drain a huge amount of resources.

While you are completely right about all that stuff, I can't actually think of a single time a character in PST referred to The Nameless One as The Nameless One - or refer to him as anything else, come to think of it.

Borderlands 2 was really bad for this. Even though you were playing a character with a pre-determined name, you're always just "you" or "vault hunter". Which is particularly irritating when you're being talked to by other vault hunters. And it's not like the game never reacts to which character you are; enemies have different lines for fighting different characters (I play Maya so I hear "Shoot the magic chick!" a lot).

jcod0.png