Companion ai and resurrection

Hi

For some bizarre reason the companion seems to wait for his or her health to drop to really low before coming to resurrect the player character. The companion should stop all other actions when the pc goes down and run to pc, because nearly every time the companion dies right after the pc character. It's horrible to watch the companion trying to kill a mob of enemies or mini boss on their own, you just know it wont work and there is nothing you can do... except to watch the inevitable demise of the dumb ass companion.

i just watched Katarina trying to shoot

Azunite Lietunatent with a aura that does 350+ damage

on a close range... and she would not back down or come to my aid and died.

There should be a button on the controller to signal the companion so it would run to the player and resurrect him or her, like the down arrow on the ps3 controller :)

Hm. AI-Lucas drops everything in an instant and comes running from the other side of the screen if I fall. 1st time thru the game on HC, when I was often being a dufus, he rezzed me so often I gave him a huge box of cookies for his efforts.

Could it be the skill AI-Kat prefers using prevents her from coming to your aid right away? Like, the skills where she'll fire until she runs out of focus....perhaps the AI can't/doesn't break off that attack until the focus does run out or something...eg, freezes her in place? Don't know, haven't used AI-Kat much, just a wild thought.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've noticed that my AI companions will continue to fight the mob of enemies after I've died, only coming over to me if there's a bit of a lull in combat. Almost as though they'll finish off whatever current attack sequence they're in the middle of, then make their way to me after.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hmm must be combat related, large mob = no help, one or two enemies = help. Also the ai tries to run through enemies when coming to resurrect me and gets hacked to peaces... horrible :thumbsup: Katarina and Anjali could use their dog summoning skills to distract the mob while they are coming to resurrect the pc :)