"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk\DR2"

Dilford

Question

Ok so I just got this on the steam sale and after installation it brings up the "play, uninstall, readme, exit ect..." menu and when I click to play it brings up the message in the title of this thread. I've looked all over for a solution and found nothing. I've tried redownloading the game twice, I verified cache files, started in admin, compatibility mode, I don't understand what the problem is but at this point it appears impossible to play.

4 answers to this question

My initial suggestion is to verify the cache which you already did. I can only think something is off with the install. Only discussion on this on the Steam forum is another thread by you.

TO GOOGLE I GO Edit: Only comes up with this and the Steampowered thread.

Are you running Steam off some slightly unusual drive, maybe? Like from an external?

Edit2: More google brings up the possibility that the software can't see your hard drive. Are the SATA (or whatever you're using) drivers up to date? This is from an internal hard drive, right?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have the typical set up with an internal hard drive, everything in partition C.

All of my other steam games work fine.

I will look for a motherboard driver update just in case, it can't hurt.

Thank you for replying, here's hoping I can figure something out, I didn't spend 5 bucks on what sounds to be an awesome game for nothing :lol:

Oddly I have had the same problem and error message while playing Fallout New Vegas. O_o Everytime this message would pop up I would have to either press cancel or continue several times for it to go away, and then I closed New Vegas. I finally did just let NV go ahead and wait to respond however and that actually solved the issue. Maybe you could try the same?

Edited by nayrunyan