DS3 Framerate/Camera lag

Question

Hello all!

I am having horrible framerate issues while running DS3 on my PC. I get massive framerate drops when playing the game, it will be smooth for one second then very laggy/jumpy, off and on the whole time I play. It is more noticeable when I move the camera around. The main menu I also notice it lags (the flowers moving etc.) as well as the opening cinematic. I submitted a tichket with Square Enix tech support on Wednesday, and have not heard back from them yet.

I have tried changing my graphics settings to the lowest possible in game. Turning off features such as vertical sync, motion blurring, or filtering does not make a difference. Even the lower resolutions I experience this horrible framerate performance hit. The game is unplayable like this. All other games run perfectly fine, this is the only one with these issues.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers two times, and even tried the latest beta drivers from Nvidia released 6 days ago. All my other drivers are up to date, including audio, motherboard chipsets, mouse, etc. I purchased DS3 through Steam. I have attached my output from DirectX dxdiag.

Quick system specs:

Nvidia 480GTX

6gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt

Edited by razum

1 answer to this question

Any suggestions? I am still unable to get this game to work right. I have been building computers and playing PC games for over a decade, and this is the first game I've bought in years where I have ran into this problem.