Loading Limbo

Gix

Question

The game runs pretty well on my machine. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I wouldn't have recognized this game as an Obsidian Entertainment product which is a good thing.

But there IS a bug I found really quickly, though. Sometimes (as in, it happens often enough but it's never consistent), I get into this Loading Limbo... meaning I have a loading screen that NEVER ends... it's not even loading anything but here I am... in a loading screen.

When I'm actually playing, it hasn't happened. I narrowed it down to 2 (so far) instances where it happens. The first one is when the game starts. The cinematic plays and right before the main menu appears, I would go in Loading Limbo... with the menu music. The second instance is a controlled problem, I can force myself into a Loading Limbo if I press ESC during the single-player character selection screen. It's not so bad until you start pressing ESC to skip the intro cinematic. Press too many times and you're stuck in Limbo.

I know I'm in limbo because I let it load overnight once and it never finished... something that normally takes half a second. The only way to get out of it is to kill the process in the Task Manager. Reload the game and hope it doesn't happen again.

Am I the only one that gets this?

Edited by Gix

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet