Massive memory leak and crash during PC demo

Not sure if this will happen in the final release (I sure hope not) but I've experienced a pretty crippling bug while playing the demo. It's happened to me a few times, but just now was the worst. This time it happened when I entered the spider's nest in the chapter house.

Basically I am playing the game on all high settings, with AA turned off and no vertical sync. Here are my PC specs:

Processor: i7 740QM

Graphics: Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1GB

RAM: 8GB

The game is running pretty damn smooth up until this bug hits. It reminds me of the horrible memory leaks I experienced in Dragon Age Origins slightly. Basically the frame rate suddenly grinds to a halt, the sound breaks up and stutters and the game becomes totally unplayable. I've managed to fix it sometimes by alt tabbing out of the game into Windows and then back, but this time that wasn't going to fly. Eventually the game just crashed completely and Windows went into default mode.

Bit worrying considering I am leaning very heavily towards getting this on PC. Anyone else experienced this?

Bit worrying considering I am leaning very heavily towards getting this on PC. Anyone else experienced this?

I didn't notice anything weird happening around the spiders on my Lucas playthrough. Were you playing Lucas or Anjali?

Hate the living, love the dead.

if the chapter house is the place where you first talk to odo, and those spiders are further down some stairs in that place, then i didnt encounter any problems there.

i do know that the game has a tendency to lock up sometimes when i turn on/off vsync in the options menu.

Okay, I've just updated my graphics card drivers and this seems to have not only fixed the problem, but made the game run MUCH better. FYI I've just upgraded to Catalyst v 11.5. Game runs superbly now. Really happy with this, PC version it is!