PC version questions

- Is the PC version of DS3 a port of the console version or was development done simultaneously on both console and PC?

- If it's a port, was the port done by Obsidian or outsourced to another studio?

- Why doesn't the PC version have 16:10 resolution options?

- Has an effort been made to tweak the UI and controls to work well with keyboard and mouse?

- Will the PC version feature optional high resolution textures and/or other graphical detail that consoles aren't capable of?

- Is the PC version of DS3 a port of the console version or was development done simultaneously on both console and PC?

- If it's a port, was the port done by Obsidian or outsourced to another studio?

- Why doesn't the PC version have 16:10 resolution options?

- Has an effort been made to tweak the UI and controls to work well with keyboard and mouse?

- Will the PC version feature optional high resolution textures and/or other graphical detail that consoles aren't capable of?

1. Simultaniosly. However much of the game design was focused on adapting for consoles.

2. Not a port. All three versions were done by Obsidian.

3. It does. Seems to be Letterboxed so far though. Similiar to Witcher 2.

4. Has been made. Wasn't really successful. Have high hopes though that this will be reworked a bit at least in patches.

5. It does already. Not optional things but the consoles seem to run on lower settings. And that includes other things apart from Resolution.

Edited by C2B

All the graphical stuff was developed simultanously I believe, the control scheme for PC was developed later on.

Obsidian has handled it all I believe, no mention of any other studio being involved.

Judging from the demo, I'd say the UI works pretty well for PC as well. Controls are a bit more up in the air. I think it worked pretty well myself but I don't think there's any question that the game was designed for a controller first and fore-most. Some things feel more clunky than they should when on the PC version.

Not really sure on the technical terms, but I had everything maxed on the demo (on a computer that's not top-of-the-line) and from what I can see, it's definitely prettier than the console versions.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The game is also letterboxing 4:3 resolutions. You can pick a proper 4:3 resolution in the options, but it still renders at 16:9. It's incredibly claustrophobic. Hopefully the aspect ratio thing will be fixed, it is just a demo.

Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.