Requesting review Home Hub 3

Walsingham

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Home-Hub-3/dp/B...1533&sr=1-5

This is the new bit of tat I've been offerred. I want to know if I should run ith it as a replacement for my 5 year old router, or buy another one which can do all the same things.

This one looks shiny, but I'm concerned that the really important bits like security will be mickey moused, as its predecessors were.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks anyway, humanoid. This one has WPA, and I doubt the maximum speed would be possible on our antiquated lines. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The 300Mbit is the wireless network speed, not the internet speed. Would require network adapters which can do that speed as well to get it working at that theoretical maximum of course.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I don't tend to use wireless for anything significant A bit of radio streaming in the garden, now it's coming on summer.

Surely there must be some things to look for?

-Elwood Blues