hello

dargeth26

Newcomer here, posted a bit ages ago.

Obsidian has really impressed me when it comes to role-playing and dialogue design in games, NWN2 OC was fantastic story-wise, and decent game-play wise as well. MOTB also, SOZ not so much. I do feel that Obsidian needs to refine game-play balance and bugs, as many people do. Game-play needs to be well-designed in games, a story is not enough, since it is interactive. I feel that Obsidian has the potential to be the best RPG developer around, if it reaches its potential with well-designed, new IPs. Most of the RPGs I have enjoyed and played are from Bioware and the late Black Isle, like BG, PST, and I also loved Mass Effect and Dragon Age, but was concerned about how the sequels to ME and DA had (and appears to have) simplified role-playing and customization. ME2 was extremely fun, but felt more like an action RPG.

I would just like to congratulate Obsidian on their ability to craft RPG sytems, but hope you make more new IPs in the future, and streamline game-play and eliminate as many bugs as possible. The company has done well, but I feel it could be the best company in the RPG (not action-RPG) genre.