How is the AI?

In most isometric type RPGs all the AI knows how to do is run towards the player and attack until dead.

since this game is slightly more action oriented i wonder if the AI can block and dodge and be challenging for more reasons than their numbers or their large amount of health points.

from looking at the 12 minutes GDC presentation of yesteryear i could spot a single enemy doing a single thing but to charge at the player.

i know most of RPG players dont care about AI. they jsut want a blade-fodder AI that can be killed in one hit so they get XP, but i am interested in a combat that is fun.

i know the game was tweaked to be easier for the sake of the presentation as it's oftenl done, but i can only assume the only tweaks that were made are for the heath of the player and maybe, MAYBE, the health of the enemies.

Presentations did show an easy difficulty and a souped up player.

That said, I think the design is that many regular mobs will have basic routines (e.g. rush enemy, shuffle at enemy), because you're not meant to take your time and tactically take on every single one, you're meant to blaze through those at high speed smashing several of them with a single spell, etc.

So the real challenge will be whether bosses, and other larger / stronger creatures, have good behaviour routines or not - if they are, then that's a good combination of mindless mobs and intelligent bosses.

i'd imagine that monsters like creatures and even endead dont have to block to appear "convincing" while humanoid creatures (orcs, goblins, humans) DO need to block.

however when a dev avoided touching the subject on another thread i can assume you are correct, tigranes.