Kotor II with XBox 360 Controller

In the options, I cannot set up my XBox 360 controller to run with the game. The only thing I can do is configure the keyboard and mouse. Is there something I am missing or is there some way to trick the game?

I have the USB Wireless Receiver.

I don't think the game supports the 360 controller since it came out long before the 360. There's free software that lets you use a 360 controller with any PC game, you could search for that. You don't really need the controller anyway, since you can pretty much control the whole game with the W key and mouse.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I remember people complaining about Kotor2 not running reliably on xbox360... it was written for the original xbox :)

I have the controller (bought it for 'Dead Space), but I use it rarely, as a number of games gets confused when it is attached and fails to acknowledge my main game stick (Saitek X52 Pro).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein