Video games and the law

Calax

True... between Resident Evil and Super Mario. But what about between Call of Duty 4 and God of War? I know that there are no shortage of parents who will decided in general on movies by reviews, but if one is on the edge they'll go see it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Then again, there are parents who picked up games like Grand Theft Auto x for their kids, even though they had the whole age rated mention on the game boxes. Picking up FONV and not seeing the shiney red 18 on the spine of the dvdbox is kind of silly.

To me it seems that if parents would check what ratings there are on films before they get them as birthday/christmas presents or the like, they should be capable of checking a computer games rating. Think how many games come with the small "due to violence, gore, etc" warning these days.

Sure, a lot of parents seem to be in the whole "computer games are for kids, so why worry about whats on them".. and then they turn around and complain about the corrupting effects games have on kids..

Why have a need to regulate whats on games in a harsher manner then is used to consider film and tv? There's a certain amount of.. nanny-state behind it almost..as if parents don't have the common sense to pay attention and regulate what they let the kids have.. or is it parents just not wanting to deal with that effort and wanting the government to have control so they have someone else to blame?

(hm, my point is running all over the place....)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."