REALLY Annoying Alignment Bug

It may be unnecessary, but I'll put my specs here anyways.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gateway

System Model: P-79

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4090MB RAM

Page File: 1267MB used, 6912MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 260M

(As you can see, this is my new laptop, and not the same one I had issues on last time ( I got it for only $900! :D ) )

Anyways, I am experiencing an incredibly annoying bug with my allies alignments. This has happened with two different characters so far. Regardless of how much influence I have with my allies, their alignments will shift back and forth between light side and dark side. It appears to shift every time I change areas, or sometimes when I'm talking to them.

The only possibility I can think of is that this happens because I used console commands with these two characters. That doesn't make much sense to me though. Why would using console commands affect the game so?

I downloaded the latest Kotor II patch, as well as this file here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Influence_Bug_Fix;68122#Download), in an attempt to fix it, but no such luck.

Any ideas what is going on? Or how to fix it?

I ran across this problem once, it's because your using console commands, only for me, it made everyone except Kreia and and the Exile fully Dark Side, you can fix it by deleting all the save games and start fresh and if you want to cheat, use KSE instead of console commands.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Ah, well that sucks. Why the hell would they make that happen? Isn't the "Cheats Used" decal enough? Or did they feel the need to remind you that you cheated every time you enter a new area/talk to your allies/ level them up/etc.?

KSE it is I guess.

Ah, well that sucks. Why the hell would they make that happen?

Obsidian didn't do it intentionally, it's just a side effect of the influence system (and commands can be entered without triggering the issue, it's just that most people try to boost their stats and that seems to be what triggers the bug).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 7 years later...

Ok.

So this is really starting to f*** me off !!!

I have installed the influence bug patch and still wont stop the influence bug glitch. I have tried using the KSE program to upgrade my character instead of the commands (as you said thats what causes it) and I have even started a new game and not used console commands or KSE of any sort and the moment I leave after freeing Atton from the prison cell on Peragus II and he walks up to the computer console he has changed completely to the Dark SIde and is just staring at me with that cracked grey mocking face to my anger and frustration o.O

I HAVE EVEN UN-INSTALLED & RE-INSTALLED WITH NO SUCCESS!

Please tell me one of you geniuses have figured out a way to fix this problem as I have been waiting over 10 years to play this game that I loved so much from my childhood and it just cant be done to my enjoyment with this stupid bug.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!