Problem After Resuming The Game

Luqtis

Question

Hello,

firstly it is really sad that my first post in the forums is in Tech Support. Truly a great game, great story line, very deep character customisation as a agent and a personality. But sadly today, i encountered a biiiig problem.

Firstly it all was ok, with few changes made in config files game run quite great (my pc is not high-end, but with low-mid settings it runs smooth). after i shutdown the pc, the second time i launched the game, loaded my safehouse (after two missions in afgan) screen is flashing in black when i move the mouse. when i stop moving it, screen stays black or normal. again starting moving in game - it starts to flash. (normal - black, normal - black etc etc..)

I really would like a solution for this, cuz its impossible for me to continue my game..

P.S. the only things i did, was change smooth frame rate for the mouse and made all the config .ini files read-only...

Best wishes,

Lukas

2 answers to this question

I... may have some incidental help for you.

See, I had the same problem after some INI changes. But not directly after them. I got into a conversation, found the "can't see dialog" bug, turned AA/AF to Application Controlled. THEN I started having the problem sporadically.

I have no rhyme or reason for what follows AT ALL. However, it has worked for me every time. Maybe it'll work for you.

Alt-tab to anything else. Then click back into the game. Everything goes bright, eyeburning yellow for me, then it seems to re-load the graphics. And everything then works fine.

It could force the game to use the right settings when they aren't before for... some reason. It could just make everything refresh. I don't know what exactly it does, but it has consistently worked for me when the problem arises.