Glitchy movement, can't seem to avoid.

Hello all, Here's my problem: My characters will not move properly at certain points in the game. They will just move until they hit something (often a wall, stopping when they get to a corner), or not be able to move more than 10 pixels from their location. When I reload a manual save file, my characters can't move at all, so I'm forced to reload auto-saves to escape it. This is really, REALLY aggravating and I can't get it to stop.

This first started when I entered the super-heated tunnel in the Peragus Mining Tunnels. Through a little loading of auto-saves to free up my movement, saving at certain points during the glitch, and reloading saves, I was able to make it through this part. This is an extremely annoying thing to have to do, and it isn't even working where I'm stuck now.

I'm now experiencing the same problem on the Bridge of the Harbinger. All of my characters are doing it as well, not just the main.

What can I do to make this stop? Is it my computer? Is it the game?

Thanks for any help given.

System Info:

-------------------

Operating System: Windows Vista

Same thing happens to me (when there is an explosion/smoke, or a lot of enemies on the screen), but I am also running several programs in the background that can make my CPU spike. Try disabling unnecessary applications when playing the game. Your CPU/ram/graphics card seem fine though.

Yea, only the graphics card isn't tagged as green (recommended) on the scan. But, it IS tagged as yellow, so I wouldn't think that that should be a problem.

KOTOR I is a little slow, but even in high graphic areas, it never does the movement glitch thing.

KOTOR II on the other hand, actually seems to run fairly smoothly in regular areas, with the occasional slow down.

Well, KOTOR II was running smoother... on Peragus. But ever since I set foot on the Harbinger I've just had all sorts of those glitchy movement problems. Even so, I managed to make it to the Harbinger's Engine area.

Well, my sister installed the game on her laptop, which is newer, but only by a year or so, and the game runs just fine. She isn't having any problems.

So this leaves me with two options... get a new graphics card...or get a new computer :(

And looking around (and from personal experience, changing a laptop graphics card is a massive pain in the ass.) So it looks like I might need a new computer... :( :( :(

(And this laptop plays UT 2004 just fine)

Edited by HellWyrm

I'm pretty sure it's just Windows Vista being Windows Vista (i.e. taking up 2x more RAM for every program than necessary).

Either that or Toshiba won't let you use your processor to the max because of heating issues (which Toshiba laptops seem to always have).

My suggestion would be to download Game Booster or some other program that clears out all unnecessary programs.

Well, I downloaded game booster, and smart defrag. I did everything I could with those two programs to improve my chances of getting the glitch and lag to stop.

And it didn't work. Not that I had high hopes for it. I'm sure that it is indeed my graphics card, even though it SHOULD be more than enough to handle KOTOR II.

Oh well, thanks for the help.