Crash on opening Inventory, every time

luckycarbon

Question

Frustrating.

I'm able to launch and play the game with no problems unless I try to open the inventory or access the weapons locker. I played through the first mission and the gun training, went to the first safe house, tried to open the weapons locker and then I crash to desktop immediately. Restarted, load that save, tried opening inventory, crash. Started a new game, as soon as I get the pistol ( can't open inventory before that apparently ) I tried opening inventory, crash. The hacking games, email system, and computer store work fine ( well, they have their own interface issues but they don't crash ).

I've tried everything listed on these boards with no better results. Newest nvidia drivers, newest audio drivers, re-installed vc++ 32 & 64bit, tried running as admin, tried running in compatibility mode, tried uninstalling physX. Same thing, crash 100% opening inventory.

Steam Version

Win 7 64

Nvidia GTX 260

onboard Realtek audio

When I crash I get two errors:

First Error:

Fatal error!

RaiseException() Address = 0x74f5b727 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]

CxxThrowException() Address = 0x74348e89 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b

5\MSVCR80.dll]

Address = 0x418b3a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0x44813f (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0x40df45 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

RtlQueryPerformanceCounter() Address = 0x7728872d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]

Address = 0x447261 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0x4226bf (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0x423005 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0x422fca (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0xae9ba4 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0xa510f1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Address = 0x4664ed (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol\Binaries\APGame.exe]

Second Error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: APGame.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4bd8888d

Fault Module Name: APGame.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4bd8888d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 008678cc

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please help!

4 answers to this question

Did some more testing. It's definitely limited to inventory & weapon chest. Opening the chest in the saudi safe house causes a crash, pressing "i" causes a crash or pressing "p" then selecting exit then selecting inventory crashes.

I haven't found any other problems yet either. Everything in the intel ui & map ui works perfectly. I can alter Thorton's appearance with no problems too.

Tried disabling sound device, no luck. Tried turning off AA & AF through nvidia control panel, no luck.

Got to be something in the inventory screen - but you can buy and see weapons and armour in the clearinghouse just fine, right? So it can't be those? Maybe the Thornton model in the inventory? :/

Tried the good ol' reinstalling of the game itself, by the way?

Got to be something in the inventory screen - but you can buy and see weapons and armour in the clearinghouse just fine, right? So it can't be those? Maybe the Thornton model in the inventory? :/

Tried the good ol' reinstalling of the game itself, by the way?

No, I haven't tried to completely re-install but I have used Steam's verify files. If I can't find another resolution soon, I'll try redownloading it.

I didn't actually try to purchase anything in the clearinghouse but I can definitely see everything in there. I'll try to purchase something as soon as I have a chance.

Thank you for your help.

I removed local files using Steam, then redownloaded the files last night. I also removed the "my documents/alpha protocol" directory while downloading to make sure I was running off of clean ini's.

A short play session this morning and everything seems to be working now including the inventory screen. Now I'm just nervous some other random thing I haven't gotten to yet might not be working.