More Problems...Yay?

After scouring the Internet with a fine toothed comb, I finally get the game to run, and it runs good...until I hit a pretty major snag. I'm through Paragus and on the Harbinger, I have the navcom records, and I'm going through the crew quarters area. There's two rooms across from each other at the end of the hall, mine and a locked one, along with a third door perpendicular to the others. I open this door, enter the room and get ambushed by Sith Assassins. That's where it gets tricky. After fighting these guys for a few seconds, everything freezes. Everything. My entire OS just stops. I can only get out of it by doing a hard shut down. I went back into the game, thinking it was just a fluke although I saved before opening that door, and it happened again. Next time, I try to load that save and the bar moves to the end and freezes my system there, without even switching to the game. Alright, corrupted save file, no big deal. My other save isn't that far back (I actually got the records and went back to Peragus the way I came, the save is after I figured out I had to exit another way). I run it from there, going all the way back to where it was and it freezes again. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? If so, what was done to fix it?

On a related note, this is my first play of the game and I headed to the quarters before going to the bridge, but it wouldn't let me to that level yet. Whenever I get about halfway through that room (the one right next to the place you first enter the Harbinger from) now, I hear the sound of glass breaking, like a window or something. Is that normal?

About your technical issue, we can't help without more information on your settings for the game and your system. Did you try to lower the graphic settings of the game ? OR change the affinity of your CPU ? Or play in compatibility mode XP in case you are running the game on VistaWin7 ?

Did you patch the game ? Did you install a mod ?

About your technical issue, we can't help without more information on your settings for the game and your system. Did you try to lower the graphic settings of the game ? OR change the affinity of your CPU ? Or play in compatibility mode XP in case you are running the game on VistaWin7 ?

Did you patch the game ? Did you install a mod ?

Does any of that REALLY matter? No program, except for viruses, is supposed to stop an OS from running entirely, no matter what settings are made. And you didn't read the question at all. I asked if the same thing had been encountered before and what was done in THOSE cases. I am NOT giving out my computer's specifications over the Internet and opening myself to a slew of hackers.

You know what, forget it. I've had it with this game and this game company. There is absolutely no reason to release a game filled with so many errors and offer no support for them, leaving customers to fend for themselves and hope that someone can hack the game into working. I will never buy anything made by this company again, nor will I ever recommend anything that they made. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Hello, i have a minor problem, that was eserve to write it here. Well, i installed kotor2 properly, and i was tryin to update the game but then.. bah! Two files are missing! Here it goes:

Your game version is: 2.10.427 English

Pinging: swpatch.obsidianent.com

Retrieving autopatcher version information

Connecting... swpatch.obsidianent.com

Can not find patch file: /swkotor2/sw_pc_autopatch.txt

Retrieving game patch information

Connecting... swpatch.obsidianent.com

Can not find patch file: /swkotor2/sw_pc_english.txt

Get the manual patch.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm

The patch has been aborted

I have seen in most of forums the pointless answers like: "try to restart ur computer"... "replace Mss32.dll"... "check ur procesor, ckeck ur graphic card"... "try updates from http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm" (this site is dead, it redirecting to http://www.lucasarts.com/support/). But what i have to update, when actually i dont have minor patch? I cant even install patch 1a and of course 1b, couse any latest update wasnt done! And, when im trying to launch the game, then of course black sreen, and this damn wondows message! And guess what? Its all fault of launcher aka. swkotor2.exe! Couse of those 2 missing files i cant play this very good game. The worst thing is that, that bout 8 months ago, i was played this game on my computer and all installations and updates were perfect. I was trying to reinstall game! Not twice! Three times!

I know that it seems, that im angry and whateva, but hell im angry >:ermm: I bought this game couse of it good rankings, and now i think bout piratebay >.> Can anyone smart guy, or girl help me? Its not about that i want to play it wery much ( i actually want) but about all of those ppls who have the same problem! Help o.o

uh and sorry for my bad english.. no.. Really sorry

Edited by ...