Big mouse issue

pulliin34

Question

Hello everyone, I have a serious problem with Alpha protocol. My mouse doesn't work ! I mean, the right and left button works perfectly but for moving the camera and look around me that doesn't work. I don't understand !

I've read every topics about mouse issues but none of them are helping me. The only solution that worked was to modify the APINPUT in my documents and modify the mouse sensitivity number with one higher but tonight I've launch my game and I've the same problem that at the beginning I can't play anymore because my mouse doesn't work anymore even with the new number :(

Thanks for any answer .. Good evening & I'm really sorry if there is mistakes I'm french :(

13 answers to this question

When it doesn't work, when you move the mouse, it doesn't move the camera *at all*?

Is the Xbox 360 Controller option enabled in the in-game menu? Do you plug in any controllers into your computer?

No it doesn't work at all. I mean I have the cursor but nothing happened when I move the mouse. But I can shoot with the left button and aim with the right button but I can't move my character or if I aim at someone I can't move the sight. If I go to the menu my mouse is working perfectly. o:)

And, no I don't have any controllers plug in my computer.

Thanks a lot for you trying to help me :)

Edited by pulliin34

Sadly, I don't know a lot about bugs that don't affect me, since it's not like I can test stuff out. So I'm guessing here as well. ;) It sounds like it's not an issue with the mouse itself, has to be something to do with the game assigning mouselook to the (nonexistent) controller or something.

In My Documents/Alpha Protocol/APGame/Configs/APInput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="LookToggle",Command="Toggle bLook")

Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")

Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX")

Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY")

what do these look like on your end?

I have an NGS optical mouse and yes all the drivers are installed. But I don't know what's the sensitivity options in Windows ?

The thing that I really don't understand is that the game was working perfectly this week thanks to the APINPUT modification of the sensitivity mouse but suddenly he doesn't work anymore.

Currently, the game seems to not like .ini changes in many cases - and sometimes in random ways. I had to reinstall after changing some noise values because it stopped me from loading games, for instance. If you've made ini changes I'd suggest rolling them back or even doing a clean reinstall, just in case. Then, once you verify it works, you can start making the ini modifications one by one. This will let you narrow it down... or, if you're lucky, it'll just work. :sorcerer:

You can change mouse sensitive in Windows in Control Panel -> Mouse.

Sorry you're having trouble - I don't really have 'inside info' or anything, so best I can do is make informed guesses, too.

I had the exact same problem, no mouse movement registered, only mouse clicks, and I managed to find a strange solution. I use COMODO Insternet Security as a firewall/malware blocker, and there is a build in Defense+ feature, that allows you to regulate application rights, like disk write, registry modification... When I completely disabled this feature, my mouse was working, so I added it to the exclusion list, and now it is perfectly fine. I believe you have a similar security software, blocking APGame.exe, disable it, and it should be ok. >_<