(Steam) APgame.exe not running.

JFCarpentier

Question

Since no one from the Sega Forum is bothering to respond, I'll post here too.

I'm stuck with an issue on steam. I click to begin, it does the direct x install, physX, C++ redistributable installs. The Launcher comes up but NOTHING happens when you press 'play'.

I've done the manual install of the three support objects (directx, c++, physx), tried compatibilty mode and all that crap, which shouldn't be necessary (who doesn't make a game compatible for windows 7, come on!). I'm /way/ over the recommended specs and other games with way more heavy graphic requirements run without any kind of issue.

I swear to god I'm starting to understand why so many people pirate games. Pirated games work, legit games are messed up.

Here's what was done so far to try and address this issue:

* Manually installed directX-C++-PhysX from the steamapps/alpha protocol folder

* Removed PhysX, tried to run.

* Downloaded latest physx from Nvidia, tried to run.

* Disabled HID-Compliant Consumer control Devices in Device Manager, tried to run.

* Updated graphics driver, sound driver, did windows update to latest.

* Added Compatibility mode on APLauncher Executable (And repeated all steps above) <-- found that online from some obsidian forum post. Even tried doing the same to APGame.exe

* Installed new Creative Labs OALinst install (recommended on another forum), No change.

* Reinstalled game from scratch.

I mean, seriously Sega, Obsidian? What's next? Do I have to sacrifice a small animal to a pagan god to get this game to get anywhere past pressing 'play' on launcher?

Edited by JFCarpentier

3 answers to this question

If that doesn't work and your reputation with Steam is relatively long-standing/you've bought a lot of games from them then you may be able to blag a refund.

They're usually very reasonable if you deal with them directly and sensibly. Again, a good track record helps a lot.

Can you take a look at this thread and let me know if this works for you?

Yes, although it is not indicated above (forgot to list it) I did go through the thread and attempted the redistributable install and verify I had the right expected files as per 'The Guildmaster's' post on the thread near the end.

Unfortunately this didn't resolve the issue. I also now have a ticket open with Sega, so if we find a solution that works, I'll share it here, maybe it'll blanket cover other users as well.

It's a frighteningly stubborn problem, to say the least.