1400x900 causing trouble?

poolofpoo

Question

I tried another monitor running the game in 1280x1024 and it's MUCH smoother than my widescreen running 1400x900.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

4 answers to this question

I tried another monitor running the game in 1280x1024 and it's MUCH smoother than my widescreen running 1400x900.

I too have a widescreen monitor, desktop is 1440x900. However, I lowered my resolution and got a nice increase in FPS. Not the fix I was hoping for, but the game runs better.

Lowering resolution almost always helps with FPS, that's just common sense, not some strange Alpha Protocol glitch. :p

Anyway, never had problems with Alpha Protocol running on my resolution (1440x900, obviously), so I'm not really sure if that's the problem.

At least, it doesn't give problems to everyone.

That's about all I can do to help now though =/

The funny thing is that 1280x1024 has around 1% more pixels then 1440x900. So it's actually a slightly higher resolution then 1440x900.

And that's true 1280x1024, not letterboxed 1280x720.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

The funny thing is that 1280x1024 has around 1% more pixels then 1440x900. So it's actually a slightly higher resolution then 1440x900.

Don't really know then. Never really had performance problems, aside from random stuttering during the beginning of the chopper scene in Saudi Arabia.