Borderlands players requested

Humodour

As for playing with me - you don't need Steam... MP works whether you have it or not

Oh...for some reason I thought Steam MP & DVD-copy MP used different MP ports (?) servers(?) systems or something. I guess they both use Gamespy then?

I'd need to make an GS account & reinstall the game...next time you're in the mood, maybe we could try. No idea how well GS works, never tried it. P.S. ... also, we have all kinds of hardware firewalls, do you really need to forward ports?

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As for playing with me - you don't need Steam... MP works whether you have it or not

Oh...for some reason I thought Steam MP & DVD-copy MP used different MP ports (?) servers(?) systems or something. I guess they both use Gamespy then?

I'd need to make an GS account & reinstall the game...next time you're in the mood, maybe we could try. No idea how well GS works, never tried it. P.S. ... also, we have all kinds of hardware firewalls, do you really need to forward ports?

Screw Gamespy, it's ****. Use GameRanger. It's 10 times simpler and bypasses 95% of router and firewall and port forwarding issues.

http://www.gameranger.com/

I go to New Zealand in about 2 days so how about when I get back, on the 30th (or 2nd of July)?

Darque: that sucks. :(

Gamespy is built into retail Borderlands. Which is why I have no idea how to do multiplayer with people on Steam copies (I own the retail version).

I would be up for a game or two. My original plan when I bought Borderlands was to play co-op with my cousin, but he abandoned the PC gaming scene for his cursed PS3. Traitor. Anyhow, I figured it could be fun to try it at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Gamespy is built into retail Borderlands. Which is why I have no idea how to do multiplayer with people on Steam copies (I own the retail version).

I would be up for a game or two. My original plan when I bought Borderlands was to play co-op with my cousin, but he abandoned the PC gaming scene for his cursed PS3. Traitor. Anyhow, I figured it could be fun to try it at least.

You play against Steam players the same way you play against Retail players. Everything goes through Gamespy.

Anyway, I've got a hunter that has finished a full game once for a second run if that's the way people want to go. Otherwise I'd be up for a level 1 start. Just, no soldier. I've got three completed runs with a soldier and would prefer not doing another one when I still haven't played Brick or Siren. >_<

I have a Mordecai who's just finished up his second run through.. the money meter actually stopped counting any more money and so did the experience meter..

I could play soldier as I've only played Mordecai and the Siren girl so far.

I have a Mordecai who's just finished up his second run through.. the money meter actually stopped counting any more money and so did the experience meter..

I could play soldier as I've only played Mordecai and the Siren girl so far.

Yeah, the money counter stops at $10 million, but the game does keep track of your actual stock of cash beyond that. At one point I was losing nearly $5 million per death, but the counter wasn't moving. I think the XP meter does the same thing. If you install Secret Armoury of General Knoxx it should acknowledge any extra you have above and beyond level 50.

Oh, right, that's worth a mention: I do not own any of the expansion packs.

I forgot which one of those was worth buying?

Oh, right, that's worth a mention: I do not own any of the expansion packs.

I forgot which one of those was worth buying?

I've heard Zombie Island is worth it, but I haven't tried it. I quite enjoyed Secret Armoury, but there is a crapload of travel with no fast travel stations. Would probably be less of a pain with multiple players so you have something to concentrate on other than how long the damn road is. Mad Moxie is pretty much just arena combat I think.

Edited by Deraldin

Ditto.

You play against Steam players the same way you play against Retail players. Everything goes through Gamespy.

I take it this means, then that retail players must use Gamespy & can't use other things, like this GameRanger?

Expansion packs:

Zombie Island is worth $10 imo, if you like the original game and want new area to kill monsters/zombies in. But if you do it last on a 2nd playrhough (where you're a pumped lvl 50 already) it won't be much challenge. So doing it before then is advisable.

Secret Armory...I'd agree, I think it'd be difficult for MP. I also didn't like the emphasis on cars. In fact, whenever I could, I'd get out of the damn cars and kill on foot anyway. Also, this is the expansion that requires the patch that takes away the "easy" town red chests in regular BL areas that people would farm for gear (they turn to white chests).

Moxie is combat arena+extra storage location & I think an extra skill point or two or something along those lines. I also hear it's insanely hard. I didn't buy it.

None of the expansion packs have any fast travel station locations other than the one you arrive in. Meaning every time you restart the game to continue, you're put at the beginning again. It's a sore point, but in Zombie Island it's less of a factor since it's a lot smaller than Armory.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I take it this means, then that retail players must use Gamespy & can't use other things, like this GameRanger?

All copies of Borderlands run Gamespy so I would assume that both Steam and Retail copies would be able to use GameRanger in the same manner. I haven't used it myself though. I always just went through Gamespy.

K...I'm a complete noob when it comes to such MP services but from what I've heard over the years Gamespy has never appealed to me. I'll look closer into both, thanks.

I've got three completed runs with a soldier and would prefer not doing another one when I still haven't played Brick or Siren. >_<

You are missing out! They are the two best characters!

They're versatile, fun, and their ultimates are super powerful with very low cooldowns.

I have no expansion packs, so I'd probably have to host (otherwise I couldn't join your games).

I've got three completed runs with a soldier and would prefer not doing another one when I still haven't played Brick or Siren. >_<

You are missing out! They are the two best characters!

They're versatile, fun, and their ultimates are super powerful with very low cooldowns.

I have no expansion packs, so I'd probably have to host (otherwise I couldn't join your games).

Roland has a crappy special, but Mordecai has an awesome special. Roland has ammo regen though. Very helpful for my combat rifle. Even more helpful with certain SMGs.

It doesn't matter who hosts the game. If someone with the DLC tries to warp to those locations, they get a message that says not all players have it so you can't go there.

I've got borderlands installed, if somebody wants to hit me up my Steam name is in the Steam thread so we can go from there >_<

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...