Valve hires the main DotA developer

Humodour

They hired a psychologist last year to help them make the Steam sales better. They do all kinds of crazy stuff.

Maybe a DotA-like mode for L4D2?

And H-L 2 Ep 3 is delayed because they felt the urge to implement hand signals for the deaf (they can't read color coded subtitles it seems) with some lame in story explanation that Alyx had a deaf boyfriend bla bla and she taught Dog how to etc etc and now they start using it for some reason.

Valve puts love, passion, and detail into their games. It's one of the reasons they're so successful. Let them do their thing.

For those skeptical that Valve is working on a DotA game, here's what IceFrog had to say on a DotA forum:

I have some really awesome news I'd like to share with you guys. I am now leading a team at Valve! I finally have all the resources needed to do some very exciting stuff that you guys will love. I look forward to revealing more specific details when the time is right.

My goal and top priority in the future is to solve the surrounding issues that affect the DotA experience in order to allow it to reach new heights. Addressing these issues will enable us to further enjoy aspects of DotA such as the gameplay, mechanics, and in-game feel that currently work well and ought to be maintained. As I've said many times in the past and especially after today's developments, I am very excited about DotA's future!