Kotor2 help

So, I've basically tried EVERYTHING to get this game to work...i downloaded the"Vista fix" mss32.dll file, contacted SecuROM they sent me a new exe. that Almost worked, it ran once and then refused to run ever again. Then i figured, ok maybe a patch would fix it? well even the Patch for this game is broken, i try and install the patch manually, and I get an error saying "Old file cannot be found" and the patch aborts... The only way this game WILL run is with the Sound turned off from the Config Menu...which is really ridiculous considering the sound is half the game.

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT

Sound: Realtek

Ram: 4.00Gb

Might be the sound. Have you gone into configurate? You could do a hardware check in there. KotOR II tends to hate running on Vista, that I know. This might be helpful but I'm guessing you've read that.

Yeah i've done that, the only thing it says is my Graphics card is out of date...even though i'm using a Geforce 8800....Everything else seems to pass, or just barely pass...the OS passes when i have it set to run in compatibility mode. I have tried everything on that thread, when i emailed the SecuROM people they sent me a new .Exe file, that didn't work I ran there analysis again then sent it back in and they basically told me their was something wrong with the actual Software...I've tried contacting LucasArts...Buuuuut their response time is 48hrs...Sooooo......Yeah I'd doubt they'd be any help anyways, their fault the game doesn't work for Vista to begin with Lazy ......

Might be the sound. Have you gone into configurate? You could do a hardware check in there. KotOR II tends to hate running on Vista, that I know. This might be helpful but I'm guessing you've read that.

Yeah i've done that, the only thing it says is my Graphics card is out of date...even though i'm using a Geforce 8800....Everything else seems to pass, or just barely pass...the OS passes when i have it set to run in compatibility mode. I have tried everything on that thread, when i emailed the SecuROM people they sent me a new .Exe file, that didn't work I ran there analysis again then sent it back in and they basically told me their was something wrong with the actual Software...I've tried contacting LucasArts...Buuuuut their response time is 48hrs...Sooooo......Yeah I'd doubt they'd be any help anyways, their fault the game doesn't work for Vista to begin with Lazy ......

The card you have might be really new. Try getting an older one. KotOR II doesn't work too well with Vista, it didn't work with mine but other people have gotten it to work just fine. KotOR II was released 4 years ago, so a lot has probably changed in hard ware tech, so just try to find an older graphics card.

deicideLogo5.jpg