Does alanschu like the Eastern Front?

Llyranor

Looks like the Commies vs Fascists conflict is getting the War in the Pacific treatment (same devs).

http://matrixgames.com/news/585/Matrix.Gam...War.in.the.East!

The veteran game developers Gary Grigsby, Joel Billings and Keith Brors are working hard to bring gamers WWII on the Eastern Front.

Matrix Games and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are proud to announce that Gary Grigsby

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The veteran game developers Gary Grigsby, Joel Billings and Keith Brors are working hard to bring gamers WWII on the Eastern Front.

Matrix Games and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are proud to announce that Gary Grigsby

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Poor WITP suffered from me being without internet for two weeks, which meant when I suddenly got internet I neglected it.

With the Admiral Edition XP coming out "soon," I'm hesitant to get toooooo involved in another game haha.

Further details - looks like the game will be IGOUGO (one side plays, then the other), rather than WEGO (both sides input commands, then they're executed simultaneously).

As one of the testers explains it:

Wego won't work with this game since each unit has a number of movement points (mp's) that are used up to not only move, but to conduct attacks. So a given unit can attack from the outset if adjacent to an enemy, move and attack again..and keep doing this until it runs out of mp's. Different attacks use differing amounts of mp's and it also depends on the terrain, weather, and the type of unit conducting the attack.

Part of the strategy in this game is to use infantry units to conduct a normal attack onto a defensive line making a hole and then moving fresh units in to maybe widen the hole clearing any overlapping zones of control, and then moving your mobile forces thru the gap to conduct a breakthru exploiting the rear area or enveloping enemy forces by linking up with other breakthru units cutting the supply of the trapped enemy forces.

All units don't all have to move at once..they can move a few mp's then attack..other units can then move and attack and then go back to the original units and move more..providing you haven't used up all your mp's. The dynamics of the strategy and tactics that can be used in the way the game is designed is superior to any other computer war game of this type I have played over the last 30 years and in my opinion is not conducive to a Wego system.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)