Sonic

So Yahtzee's more or less recent review of Sonic Unleashed brought my attention back to the tortured and abused hedgehog. And I honestly want to hear what people have to say about this.

Sonic's been here forever and these new games don't seem to be getting any better, so what the hell should be done about him? Surely there's still potential for a decently smart developper to make a decent game with it, but should we even bother anymore?

My answer is no freaking way, and I have to say after watching that last trailer I can't understand why "Sonic Team" has not been sacked when tons of perfectly capable devs get laid off every month nowadays.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think many of the current layoffs are due to the depressed US economy. I haven't heard of any Japanese developers getting the axe. I don't understand what's wrong with the gameplay shown in that video. Can you be more specific?

Speaking of which, that trailer felt incredably Japanese to me. For some reason, I had flashbacks to the openings for 1990's anime.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.