DVD drive dying?

Arkan

So I've been burning and copying lots of videos, mostly from wedding events, to dvd. When the movie finishes burning, I test it out, but the play back is jumpy and glitchy. I tested another DVD and the playback was the same, but when using another DVD player, the playback was fine on both the regular dvd and the burned DVD.

IN SHORT, my DVD drive can burn disks without problem, but reading them and playing videos seems to have problems. A sign it is dying?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

• 2 weeks later...
So I've been burning and copying lots of videos, mostly from wedding events, to dvd. When the movie finishes burning, I test it out, but the play back is jumpy and glitchy. I tested another DVD and the playback was the same, but when using another DVD player, the playback was fine on both the regular dvd and the burned DVD.

IN SHORT, my DVD drive can burn disks without problem, but reading them and playing videos seems to have problems. A sign it is dying?

could be your system drivers for the device ... had similar problem with my dvd drive (which no longer work do to the drivers... system not device) I used mine a lot for ripping and burning cds.

if you hook an external dvd rom to your computer and your have the same problem, good chance it's your system drivers. i can't even do that do to the problem with the drivers. if the external one works fine then it probably is the drive itself is shot or going.