It's official

Walsingham

Does anyone think that the proliferation of mass media(such as PCs and the internet, cell phones, PDAs, etc) devices might have anything to do with dwindling education levels? Since everyone has so much information, they try to reduce everything into small manageable pieces, or just sift through the bare essentials, trying to soak up as much as possible. As a result concentration, attention span, basically things needed for a good education, get thrown to the wayside.

Just a thought.

I do know from my old cognitive psychology training that many mental skills - often described as intelligence - are due to an alliance of very specific subskills and areas of expertise. [M. Eysenck & M.W.Keane, 2003 collects these, if memory serves*].

I therefore see your point. If we live in a pre-chewed information age, what will we cut our teeth on?

*The ability to memorise names and study years is one example of this. I thought it would be impossible when I was an undergraduate.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.