Earthquake rocks California

Kelverin

btw, i'm still waiting for my home in COS to be considered "beach front property." ya'll in CA are going under one day, and i'll be RICH!

taks

I think Colorado Springs is on the wrong side of the Rockies for that to work....

You'd have to flood Texas, Oklahoma & Kansas to get your beach front property.

:lol:

Good plan. :o:)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

It was not that big a deal. A 5.4 earthquake (the revised estimate) is considered a low-end moderate quake. A "toddler" quake, if you will! This one was shallow, so would be felt more, but those closest to the epicenter might see a crack in their concrete and lose a few breakables; that's about all.

SoCal natives (like me) have been through so many quakes that one can usually judge with fair accuracy the size and distance of the quake within the first 2 seconds. Most natives would have gone back to sleep after this one. :lol:

Not a big deal. Seriously. Unless it's a precursor... (cue scary music!)

That's the rub right?! You don't know.

Big quakes are scary.

I flew into SF from overseas right after the large one there. Lots of people were hurt. The place was a mess.

I no longer had a home in Kobe Japan when the large Kobe quake struck. Fortunately my friends got through it OK. When I visited later it was sad to see all the damage.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.